Public Works is the department that provides the water you draw from the tap for your morning coffee or shower; the roads you drive or the bus you take; the parks and open spaces you enjoy with your family and friends.
The Mission Statement and Objectives of the Public Works Department are:
The Public Works Department is made up of 5 Divisions. Click on the title for addition information about each division.
- To preserve the existing physical infrastructure through lifecycle costing and to expand that inventory as required to meet existing and new demands for cost-effective municipal services;
- To provide the residents of the Town of Penetanguishene with effective and timely maintenance of the Towns’ roads, boulevards and sidewalks to the standards established by the Provincial Minimum Maintenance Standards;
- To meet the Province of Ontario Drinking Water Standards and the Town’s Certificate of Approvals for the taking and treating of water;
- To meet the Provincial Certificate of Approval requirements for the treatment of waste water;
- To ensure that stormwater is effectivelymanaged and treated before being discharged into Georgian Bay;
- Maintain all Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping for municipal departments and services