Row of Houses

Assessment Appeals

If you feel that the current value assessment assigned to your property is incorrect, please follow these steps:

  1. Call 1-866-296-6722 to discuss your concerns with an assessor from the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC). You may be required to complete a Request for Reconsideration Form which is available free of charge from MPAC or a form can be picked up at the Townhall.
  2. Residential property owners must file a Request for Reconsideration (RFR) prior to filing a formal appeal with the Assessment Review Board (ARB).   For residential owners, ARB appeals can be filed only if an agreement cannot be reached through discussion with an assessor as part of the RFR process.  Non residential property owners (Industrial, Commercial and Multi-residential) may choose either the RFR route or proceed directly to the ARB appeal system.  ARB appeal requests can be filed by completing an application form available from ARB. Visit ARB  for more information including costs associated with this appeal process.