Backflow Device Building Permits

Building Permits

Is a building permit required to install a backflow prevention device?

Yes, the Town's By-law No. 2009-105, Section 5.1 - Installation of Backflow Prevention Device Required states that a building permit is required for projects involving new or altered plumbing, including backflow prevention devices.

A permit can be obtained at the Town's Building Department.

Who can apply for the building permit?

The property owner can apply for a building permit, however in many cases, the plumbing contractor will do it on the owners' behalf. For more information please refer to the Town's Building Department's website.