Council and Committee of the Whole Highlights, September 14, 2022
Council Highlights provide a brief overview of noteworthy decisions and presentations made at Town of Penetanguishene Council meetings. Detailed agendas and minutes from the meetings are available on our website. This meeting is available for viewing on our YouTube Channel.
- Council held a public meeting regarding the proposed new Tree Protection By-Law and Tree Planting and Management Guidelines.
- Council held a public meeting regarding the Town Dock Secondary Plan and Master Plan Parking Design update. A presentation from Sajecki Planning was provided. Members of the public were in attendance and provided comments.
- Council received a memo regarding the Short Term Rental Licensing By-law Update.
- Council approved the Advanced Procurement of Harriet Street Reconstruction and to incur costs in 2022 for Soil Characterization as presented.
- Council approved the Harbour Pointe Subdivision – Phase 4 Subdivision Agreement as presented.
- Council received the Background to Public Meeting on the proposed Tree Protection By-law and Tree Planting and Management Guidelines for information.
- Council received the Background to Public Meeting on the Town Dock Secondary Plan and Master Plan Parking Design Update and Official Plan Amendment for information.
- Council passed 6 By-laws, including:
Committee of the Whole (Committee) facilitates the decision-making process of Council. The Committee is comprised of all members of Council who fully participate in debate and forward recommendations to Council for final decision. Items that are discussed in Committee of the Whole are to be ratified at Council’s next meeting.
- Committee received a presentation from PSD City Wide regarding the 2022 Asset Management Plan.
- Committee received a memo regarding the Fox Street Sewage Treatment Plant Inspection (for 2021).
- Committee received the Wastewater Treatment Plants Key Performance Indicators (KPI) staff report for information.
- Committee received a Notice of Study Commencement for Municipal Snow Storage Location - Municipal Class Environmental Assessment.
- Committee approved the 2022 Asset Management Plan as presented.
- Committee approved the Enterprise Fleet Management Program as presented.
- Committee approved the Proposed Amendments to By-law 2018-12, Procurement Policy as presented.
- Committed approved the No Winter Maintenance of Trails, Pathways, and Walkways report as presented.
- Committee received minutes and reports for the following for information:
- Committee approved the recommended action of offering the Wigwam and Drying Racks to community partners as outlined in the report.
- Committee received the following memos for information:
- Memo to Council RE By-law Enforcement Monthly Reports for June, July and August 2022
- Memo to Council RE Complete Application and Public Meeting - 69 Polish Avenue
- Memo to Council RE Complete Application and Public Meeting - 221 Fox Street
- Memo to Council Sept 14 2022 RE Status of Appeals
- Committee approved the presented Street Names for Champlain Shores Subdivision (200 Fox Street).
- Committee received the meeting minutes for the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee - 25 July 2022.
- Committee received the results from the 51 Dunlop Street Future Use Public Consultation.
- Committee approved the 51 Dunlop Street Financial Update and Internal Loan as presented.
The Town of Penetanguishene publishes Council Highlights after meetings. Council encourages its residents, businesses and stakeholders to stay abreast of Council news. Council Highlights briefly describe items of interest to the public. To view detailed information about the topic, visit www.penetanguishene.ca