Council Highlights November 9, 2022
Council Highlights provide a brief overview of noteworthy decisions and presentations made at Town of Penetanguishene Council meetings. Detailed agendas and minutes from the meetings are available on our website. This meeting is available for viewing on our YouTube Channel.
- Deputy Mayor Elect - D. LaRose shared a Council term farewell message.
- Council received the Council Information Package for October 19th, and November 2nd, 2022.
- Council received a deputation from Bill Montgomery, regarding Construction Access to Queen's Court Development.
- Council received the following for information:
- By-Law Monthly Activity Report for October 2022.
- Memo to Council regarding Enabling Accessibility Fund Application.
- Curling Club Minutes for October 11, 2022.
- Memo to Council regarding Penetanguishene Sports Hall of Fame Agreement.
- 2023 Development Charge Annual Indexing Report.
- Mid-Pen Transit Committee Meeting Minutes for June, 2022.
- Council approved the proposed 5-year preventative road maintenance plan as outlined.
- Council approved the Phase 3 Harbour Pointe Subdivision Amending Agreement as outlined.
- Council approved the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) fee waiver request as presented.
- Council approved the promotion of the Snow Angels Canada Program.
- Council approved the Short-Term Rental Licensing By-Law Fines update as presented.
- Council directed staff to provide comments on behalf of Council of the Town of Penetanguishene on Bill 23 in keeping with Staff Report PL-2022-57 including the specific comments outlined.
- Council deferred the Fees and Charges By-law annual update to the December Council Meeting.
- Council directed staff to provide for a 2023 Interim Property Tax Levy.
- Council approved the temporary borrowing of funds to meet current expenditures until 2023 Taxes are collected.
- Council approved 7 by-laws, including:
- 2022-53 Being a By-law to Provide to amend By-law 2011-92 being the Municipal Heritage Tax Rebate for Properties Designated under the Ontario Heritage Act
- 2022-54 Being a By-law to Appoint Baker Tilly Canada as the Auditor for The Corporation of the Town of Penetanguishene and its Local Boards for a 5-year term (Fiscal years ending 2022-2026) with a possible extension of an additional 1-year
- 2022-56 Being a By-law to Authorize the Temporary Borrowing of Funds to Meet Current Expenditures Until 2023 Taxes are Collected
- 2022-57 Being a By-law to Provide for a 2023 Interim Tax Levy for the Payment of Taxes and to Provide for Penalty and Interest of 15% per Annum (1.25% per Month)
- 2022-58 Being a By-law to License, Regulate and Govern Short-term Rental Accommodations
- 2022-59 Being a By-law to establish an Amending Subdivision Agreement with Bellisle (Penetang) Developments Limited (Harbour Pointe Subdivision Phase 3)
- 2022-60 By-law to establish a comprehensive system of administrative monetary penalties for the Town of Penetanguishene
The Town of Penetanguishene publishes Council Highlights after meetings. Council encourages its residents, businesses and stakeholders to stay abreast of Council news. Council Highlights briefly describe items of interest to the public. To view detailed information about the topic, visit www.penetanguishene.ca