How to Get A Criminal Record Check in Southern Georgian Bay OPP Patrolled Area
This news release has been provided by the Southern Georgian Bay Detachment.
(MIDLAND, ON) - Members of the Southern Georgian Bay Detachment is committed to improving customer service for citizens seeking police record checks and so with spring returning and more programs and events get up and running, this is a reminder to our residents, that all Criminal Record Checks are now completed online at www.opp.ca/recordchecks. The majority of applicants will not be required to attend the Detachment and the application process is quick, easy and secure!
Police record checks are required for a variety of purposes including employment, adoption, international travel, volunteer work, citizenship, name change, student placement or to obtain a record suspension (formerly pardon). You must live in an OPP-policed community to request an OPP record check. The OPP provides four types of record checks, including:
- Criminal Record Check (CRC)
- Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)
- Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
- OPP Non-Parent Custody Check (LE213)
If your agency letter states that you require a Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check, you only need to request a Vulnerable Sector Check.
A few pieces of information will be required when you apply for a police record check.
- You will need a letter from your Canadian agency/organization identifying the type(s) of checks you require.
- be prepared to answer financial questions in order to verify your identification (as part of the EIV process).
- You will need a credit card or pre-paid credit card available for payment
Record checks: $41.00
Volunteer checks: Free
Prior to submitting your application, here are a few things you need to know:
- Please ensure that your application is accurate and complete, and that you follow the instructions carefully, as no refunds can be issued.
- If at any point during the application process you are unsure of how to proceed, please contact 1-833-909-0057 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday for customer service.
- Unless specifically asked, please do not upload copies of your photo ID.
We understand the change in process may cause inconvenience, however we are confident that the new measures which came into place in October 2020 to improve processing times that lead to shorter wait times for the public.
Provincial Constable David Hobson Media Officer
Southern Georgian Bay Detachment 705-733-5440