From the Desk of Mayor Rawson & Council #7
What a great start to 2023. Last Thursday our town staff hosted a public consultation at the Brian Orser Hall which was attended by about 35 people. We had excellent engagement and I appreciate all the work our staff put forward for this event. Thank you to everyone that participated!
Please help spread the word about this communication and encourage others to subscribe. We have placed this newsletter throughout the community (arena, town hall, library) and are open to other sources. Starting the last week of January, we will publish a print version in the Midland Mirror, especially for those not connected to the internet.
UPCOMING COUNCIL EVENTS
Wednesday, January 25, 2023 @ 7:00 pm - Town of Penetanguishene Special Committee of the Whole Meeting. Council will be reviewing Draft #4 of the Town Operating and Capital Budgets. Public feedback received to date are included in this draft presentation. With amendments made at this meeting, it is the intent to have our budget approved by council at our February 8th, 2023 Council Meeting. At this meeting we will be reviewing and discussing:
- Draft #4 Operating Budget
- Draft #4 Capital Budget – 2003 & 2004
- 10 Year Capital Plan
- Estimated Reserves and Reserve Funds
- 10 Year Long Term Debt Summary
We welcome your participation and comments at this meeting.
Past Week's Events
Wednesday, January 11, 2023, Following the Council meeting, council convened as Committee of the Whole. Agenda and how to participate can be found here: Access the Committee of Whole Agenda here. As a highlight Committee will be discussing:
- Transportation & Environmental Services – Chair: Councillor Marchand
- Consent Agenda Items (Drinking Water Quality Management Systems Meeting Minutes)
- Recreation & Community Services – Chair: Councillor Waters
- Consent Agenda Items (Penetanguishene Curling Club Minutes)
- Planning & Development – Chair: Councillor Vadeboncoeur
- Consent Agenda Items (Municipal Law Enforcement Monthly Activity Report, Parking Study 2022, 4th Quarter Planning and Community Development Update, Planning and Community Development Year in Review)
- Pre-Servicing Policy
- Draft Plan of Condominium/Exemption (1145 Fuller Ave – St. Andrews Village Subdivision)
- Finance & Corporate Services – Chair: Councillor Desroches
You can watch a recording of the Council and Committee of the Whole on our Town’s YouTube channel.
UPCOMING SPECIAL EVENTS
75th Annual Winterama – Help Out With Winterama
If you have any questions or require further information or help, do not hesitate to get in touch with the Town of Penetanguishene Recreation Department at 705-549-7453 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
County of Simcoe
County Council will be meeting on Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
How to keep up to date with Community Events
You can find community events on the town's website by visiting the Community Calendar. Subscribe to ensure you never miss an event. You can also submit any community events you would like to share with the community.
Ball Hockey Registration is Open
Registration is now open for the 2023 Penetang Midland Minor Ball Hockey League Season.
Register on or before March 10th to save with our Early Bird Fee.
There are three walk-in registration dates:
Tuesday March 7 Penetanguishene Arena 6:30 to 8:00 pm (Early Bird Fees Apply)
Thursday March 9 North Simcoe Sports and Recreation Centre 6:30 to 8:00 pm (Early Bird Fees Apply)
Thursday March 23 Penetanguishene Arena 6:30 to 8:00 pm (Regular Registration Fees Apply)
Who to contact?
- Roads and Sewer After Hours Line – 705-527-8210
- Municipal Law Enforcement Department – 705-549-7453 x 220
- OPP non-emergency number – 1-888-310-1122
- Submit building permit online
- Town of Penetanguishene – Recreation Programming Registration
- Submit an Online Complaint
- Telephone – 705-549-7453 – Monday to Friday (8:30am-4:30pm)
If you or someone you know has difficulty figuring out where to turn for help or want to learn about available resources, I encourage you to call 2-1-1. This free community service will help you find the right resources in our community.
Thank you, Meegwetch, Merci, on behalf of Council,