2 Main Street
Phone: (705) 549-7453
Penetanguishene Winterama, the oldest winter carnival in Ontario. A celebration of Canadian seasonality, Winterama is an opportunity to renew an interest in outdoor activity; enhance community spirit and pride through people, partnership and products; share the heritage and culture of the community and welcome families, friends and visitors alike in a seasonal celebration.
North Simcoe Rotaract Cardboard Toboggan Races>
Only one person per team needs to register. There is a required form during the checkout process that asks you to add all participants' information. Please note, this is a free event, the checkout process will not ask for payment information.
- Cardboard Toboggans must be made out of cardboard only. No wood, metal or plastic can be used. Cardboard may be taped, glued or sewn together. All metal staples in a cardboard box must be covered with duct tape on both sides.
- Cardboard Box Racers will be inspected for safety and compliance with the above before your run. Results of the inspection by the judge will be final.
- The cardboard racers will be judged for several awards. Prizes will be awarded to: Most Creative, Grand Champion (fastest), Most People on a Toboggan, & Most Team Spirit/Crowd Favourite.
- The racers acknowledge that they will push or pull their racers to the top of the track. Each person entered in the race MUST fill out an entry form and sign the Liability Release Form on location prior to the race. Persons under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the form to compete.
Rotary Polar Plunge >
1. Each plunger must secure a minimum of $200($100 for students) in pledges. Sorry, no exceptions.(Please use available pledge sheets). One plunger per registration sheet. Please make a copy of the completed registration form for your records.
2. 60%of the pledges collected will go to the non-profit group or organization of the plunger’s choice (subject to approval of the Rotary Club of Penetanguishene) designated below. The remaining 40% of the pledges collected will go to help support the service work of the Rotary Club of Penetanguishene. All money pledged must be collected and turned over to the Rotary Club of Penetanguishene before plunging. The Rotary Club of Penetanguishene will then issue a cheque to the non-profit group or organization designated below.
For the full details and list of registration requirements, see the registration form attached.
Winterama Craft Show>
The Penetanguishene Museum is hosting the annual craft show for Winterama weekend! On February 18, from 10 am - 3 pm, vendors will be gathered inside the Museum to sell their creations.
The Friends of the Museum will also be selling Pea Soup & Chili from 11 am to 2 pm. Hot chocolate, coffee, and apple cider will also be available.
Winterama Volunteers Needed>
It takes a community to make magic happen! The success of Winterama is not possible without dedicated volunteers. Register to apply as a volunteer for the 75th Winterama. Having trouble using the online system? Hardcopy forms are available at Town Hall, or by emailing email@example.com
Business Engagement Opportunities >
Community engagement has always been an essential part of a successful Winterama weekend. This year we are encouraging businesses to host an event or partner with the Town to help run a new or existing activity!
Below are a few ways your business/organization can get involved:
1. Host an event at a Town location or partner with the Town on an existing event
Ex. Rotaract hosts the Cardboard Toboggan races, Royal Lepage in Touch Realty Inc. partners with Winterama by providing volunteers for the Demolition Derby
2. Host a Third-Party event at your business – Third-party events are welcome to run Friday, February 17- Monday, February 20
Ex. Hire a band to play in your restaurant, hold a dance, or organize a scavenger hunt.
3. Participate in the Rotary Winterama Parade
4. Deals and discounts
Ex. Offer a Winterama weekend promotion. For example, a % off a coffee if you show your Winterama button.
This year the town is putting together an event guide booklet which will include a schedule of events and Winterama activity promos. By getting involved with one of the 4 options above, you will be included in the event guide, which is a great way to promote your business/organization. The deadline to submit details for the guide is Monday, December 5th.
GeorgianBayParts.ca Back Breaker 5000 Poker Run >
After its first successful year in 2022, the GeorgianBayParts.ca Back Breaker 5000 Poker Run for Fun will be back for the 75th Winterama!
- Family Day Weekend (FEB 18/19 2023)
- Rider Gift Bags for the first 100 Registered
- ONLY $50 per Rider
- Webiste: GEORGIANBAYFUNRUN.COM
Rotary Winterama Parade>
The Rotary Club of Penetanguishene is proud to again organize the Winterama Rotary Parade as
part of the Penetanguishene Winterama activities. The Parade will start Saturday activities at 11:00
AM on February 18th, 2023. Anyone wishing to enter a float is asked to fill out a registration form, linked below.
Arm Wrestling Event>
26th Annual Winterama Arm Wrestling 2023
Sunday, February 19
Penetanguishene Memorial Community Centre (61 Maria St)
Over $10,000 in Cash & Prizes!
Registration fee: $20
Registration 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
The competition starts: 7:30 PM SHARP
First Place: $200
Second Place: $100
Third Place: $50
Ages: 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18
Free Registration 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
The competition starts 1:30 PM SHARP
For more information regarding this activity contact 705-427-5419.
Town of Penetanguishene
10 Robert Street West,
Events and Recreation Coordinator