Civil Wedding Ceremonies and Licences

Wedding Licence

Marriage Licences are issued at the Municipal Office during office hours from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. 

If you wish to be married in Ontario, you must complete a marriage licence application form, signed by you and your future spouse. The application form must be submitted, with the appropriate identification, in person by one or both of you to the Corporate Services department, located at town hall. Provided the information is complete and consistent documentation is provided, the license will be issued within days, and is valid anywhere in Ontario for a period of three months from the date of issuance.

Wedding Licence Fee

Civil Wedding Ceremony

Civil Wedding Ceremonies Fees

Marriage Certificates

You may apply for a marriage certificate from Service Ontario six to eight weeks after your marriage ceremony. There are two ways to apply:

Getting Married in Another Country: If you are planning to get married in another country, you may require a Marriage Letter (also known as a Search Letter or Letter of Non-Impediment) confirming that there is no record of a marriage for you registered in Ontario. You may obtain this letter by applying to the Office of the Registrar General. To get married in another country, you must contact the country's embassy or consulate for more information.

Getting Married in Another Province or Territory: If you're getting married in another province or territory in Canada you must contact the province's or territory's vital statistics office for information.

Divorced Outside Of Canada: If you were divorced outside of Canada, you must obtain authorization from the Minister of Consumer and Business Services before a marriage license can be issued to you. To obtain this authorization you will need to contact the Office of the Registrar General Marriage Office in Thunder Bay.

After your marriage, you may apply to change your last name through Service Ontario

For a list of religious officials authorized to perform marriages in Ontario or for more information about getting married, please follow the link below:

Service Ontario - Getting Married

Scroll to top